Thursday, May 31, 2007

The All-Time Underrated: Rick Moranis




I love Rick Moranis. I mean, just look at this guy! And it's not because he bears a more than striking resemblance to my father, David Gross. No, it's not that. Just think about all he's given us; from Strangebrew and The Great White North, to My Blue Heaven, to Honey I Shrunk The Kids (admit it, you all loved that dumb ass movie... remember when they were stuck in the lawn and took a ride on a bee and Rick had constructed some kind of suspension apparatus so he could look for them without stepping on them? yeah, i remember it too, and I'll tell ya, there's a helluva lotta things i'd rather dedicate my brain space to), to his inimitable role in Ghost Busters...


Man, this guy was great. But did I say was? Cause he's still out there, baby. Still makin' shakes. Still tellin us how it is. Still teachin' us all to stand a little taller, spread our shoulders a little wider, laugh a little louder, grin a bit more broadly. yeah. But he goes by Rick "Cougar" Moranis now, and he's got the growl of a thundercat. yowzah! Check it out:


he's singin a song about this country, man. and about a truck. or just the truck. I'm not really sure, and I guess that's the point.

No comments: