Monday, July 2, 2007

My favorite is Hydrology

It was a warm Tuesday in late May of 2006. My friend Lane and I thought it would be a great idea to soak up some rays at the ballpark. The Nationals were on a two game winning streak, which had the city buzzing. The electricity in the crowd of 957 fans foreshadowed a great day at RFK. As we passed through security with our Aquafina bottles filled to the brim with Aristocrat Vodka (made with the finest potatoes in all of the Caucuses), no guards gave us any trouble as vodka is clear much like water, which was what was "supposed" to be in the plastic bottles we carried. After entering the stadium we went directly to a concession stand were souvenir cups of Sierra Mist were purchased. RFK's seating rules are equivalent to one of those budget airlines that allows you to sit where ever you please, so we got a wonderful third base line row to ourselves. The shirts came off and the Sierra Mist and fine vodka mixed into a delightful cocktail fit for any sorostitute who planned on blaming her questionable behaviors on the fact that, "she couldn't remember anything after that first glass of vodka sierra". Our own levels of intoxication rose rapidly as both the sun and vodka worked diligently to dehydrate our person. By the end of the game (I don't remember if the Nats won on accounts of the sierra vodka...), I realize it is getting late. You see, I had not yet completed summer courses for my graduate work. I had been so enjoying myself at the ball game, I had forgotten that today I had to record a podcast for my Technology in Teaching class. Before going to the game, I had strategically placed a folded up script for the podcast in my right pocket. I rushed out of the stadium, and took a drunken metro ride to class.

Here is the picture I would like to paint for you before actually hearing the fruits of my labor. A large sunburned man walks into class twenty minutes late. It is obvious he has been drinking, and his odor only solidifies this fact. He apologizes for being late, sits down and waits for his turn to record a podcast for a class assignment. After being awoken from a quick 5 minute nap, he enters the recording booth. After about 10 minutes, and what must have been at least 5 different takes, he exits the recording booth with a drunken grin on his face. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Mr. McNutt's first and only podcast.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that podcast was exceptional, i especially enjoyed the sign-off, which was definitely worthy of ending the nbc nightly news